David M. Spitz, DC
Specializes in Headaches, Wellness and Auto Injuries
- Hunter College , City of New York 1975-1978
- D.C. Degree, Cleveland Chiropractic College , Kansas City, MO August, 1981
- Post-graduate Course Headache, Evaluation & Treatment, New York Chiropractic College May 1990
- Post-graduate Diplomat Course in Neurology (Sensory System) September, 1990
- Harvard Medical School : Continuing Education Department: Neurology for the Non-Neurologist - October, 1990
- Post-graduate Diplomat Course in Neurology (Neurological Controls) November, 1990
- Post-graduate Diplomat Course in Neurology (Cerebral and Cerebellar Cortices and Nuclei) - November, 1990
- Post-graduate Diplomat Course in Neurology (Neurological Diagnosis) December, 1990
- Post-graduate Diplomat Course in Neurology (Neuromuscular Applications) - January, 1991
- Post-graduate Diplomat Course in Neurology (Pain) - February, 1991
- Post-graduate Diplomat Course in Neurology (EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies) - March, 1991
- Manipulation under Anesthesia Seminar - July, 1991
- Post-graduate Diplomat Course in Neurology (Receptors) October, 1991
- Post-graduate Diplomat Course in Neurology (Autonomic Nervous System) - December, 1991
- Post-graduate Diplomat Course in Neurology (The Reflex) February, 1992
- Post-graduate Diplomat Course in Neurology (The Brain and Its Environment) - March, 1992
- Post-graduate Diplomat Course in Neurology (Cranial Nerves) May, 1992
- Seminar by Jonathan Ballon, M.D. (Neurosurgeon) - "Lumbar Disc: to Operate or Not"- June 30, 1994.
- Completed Comprehensive Chiropractic Managed Care Self-Assessment Program - 1995
- Completed Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation certification course - April 1996
- Post-graduate Diplomat Course in Neurology (Electrodiagnosis 2) November, 1996
- Post Graduate Course in Neurology (Neuropathophysiology Part 1)-December, 1996
- Post Graduate Course in Neurology (Neuropathophysiology part 2)-February, 1997
- Post Graduate Course in Neurology (Neuropathology-Part III; CNS Trauma; Pediatric & Geriatric Neurology; Disorders of Consciousness)-March, 1997
- Post Graduate Course in Neurology (Neuropathology-Part IV; Peripheral Nervous System; Neuromyal Junction; Primary Myopathy)-April, 1997
- Post Graduate Course in Neurology (Chiropractic Subluxation Complex; Articular Neurology)-June, 1997
- Post Graduate Course in Neurology (Chiropractic Diagnosis & Management of Dizziness)-October, 1997
- Post Graduate Course in Neurology (Neuroendocrinology)-November, 1997
- Post Graduate Course in Neurology (Chiropractic Legal Considerations; Expert Testimony; Proper Neurologic Referral & Interprofessional Relationships)-December, 1997
- Post Graduate Course in Neurology (Ortho. Considerations for the Neurologist)- February 1998
- Post Graduate Course in Neurology (Course Review, Final Examination)- March, 1998
- Private Pilot Training March 1998 - August 1998
- Private Pilot License September 1998
- Instrument Pilot Training October 1998 – February 2000
- Instrument Rating February 2000
- Volunteer EMT on Burlington , CT Ambulance December 1999-present
- EMT-B course September 1999-December 1999
- EMT-I course February 2000-April 2000
- Post Graduate Course in Neurology (Cranial Nerves)-December 2000
- AMA 5 th Edition Guides to Impairment-Certification-Part 1-September 2001
- AMA 5 th Edition Guides to Impairment-Certification-Part 2-October 2001
- AMA 5 th Edition Guides to Impairment-Certification-Part 3-November 2001
- Commercial Pilot Course, November 2001
- EMT-I Continuing Ed. January 2002-Bristol Hospital
- “Risk Alert: Wrong Site, Wrong Procedure”- 1 credit July 2004-CMIC (Connecticut Medical Insurance Comp)
- “Unanticipated Outcomes”- October 12, 2004 –1 credit CMIC
- Chiropractic Physical Therapy 101”- 1 credit October 22, 2004- University of Bridgeport
- “Chiropractic Ortho 107”- 1 credit October 22, 2004- University of Bridgeport
- "Eliminating the Chronic Recurring Subluxation through Neuro Emotional Technique"-Parker College Continuing Education Jan. 2005
- "Contact Reflex Analysis and Designed Clinical Nutrition" - Parker College Continuing Education Jan. 2005
- "Communicating Chiropractic with Passion and Certainty" - Parker College Continuing Education Jan. 2005
- "Coding Mastery for 2005: The Art of Coding Correctly" - Parker College Continuing Education Jan. 2005
- "Science Validating our Wellness Philosophy: We've Been Right All Along" - Parker College Continuing Education Jan. 2005
- "Chiropractic and Sports" - Parker College Continuing Education Jan. 2005
- "Neurology for the Practicing Chiropractor" - Parker College Continuing Education Jan. 2005
- Wellness Certification Program: Modules, 1, 2, 3- 2006-2007
- Chiropractic Health Center of Torrington , PC – February 1982-January 1995
- Chiropractic Health & Wellness Center of Bristol – August 1983-Present
- ChiroCare Accident & Injury Center , LLC – September 1996-Present
- Co-chairman continuing education, Connecticut Chiropractic Association – 1991-92
- Rescue & Ambulance: EMT-I Burlington Volunteer Fire Department, December 1999-October 2002
- Ambulance Lieutenant: Burlington Volunteer Fire Department, October 2001-October 2002
Cleveland Chiropractic College , Kansas City, MO
- Chiropractic Physician, Clinic Director-Chiropractic Health Center of Bristol
- Claims Review & IME’s: Concentra
- Volunteer Pilot: AirLifeLine
- Expert for allexperts.com
- Black Belt - Kyokushin Karate
- Diplomat National Board of Examiners
- Connecticut Chiropractic License: #348
- Board Eligible Chiropractic Neurology
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Member of Foundation for Chiropractic Education and Research.
- Member of National Headache Foundation.
- Fellow of the International Academy of Clinical Acupuncture.
BC/BS, Century 2000, HealthChoice, Aetna Healthplan, American Health Plan, Medspan, MetLife, Comprehensive Rehabilitation Associates (CRA) PPO, HMC PPO, Preferred Medical Choice (PMC), MedView, AIIA/Comp Compare, Medco Value Plus PPO, Oxford Health Plan, CT Health Plan, Kemper, Preferred PPO, Fortis, MetraHealth, Focus Healthcare, HealthRight, PHS, CorCare, Alternative Health Care Solutions, The Managed Care Alliance (TMCA), Yale Preferred Health, PlanPlus,CIGNA Health Plan
TELEVISION, RADIO AND NEWSPAPER
- Radio Talk Show (WSNG - Torrington , CT ) 1981-1982, 1986-1987.
- Co-hosted Natural Health Hot Line (Cable 5 - Torrington , CT ) 1983-1984.
- Radio Talk Show (WBIS - Bristol , CT ) 1984
- Bristol Press September 19, 1985 .
- Medical Economics August, 1986
- Article on Chiropractic ( Hartford Courant) March 1987.
- Northeast Magazine July 26, 1987 .
- Quoted in Bristol Press December 28, 1987 .
- Article on health risk of Coca-Cola, Bristol Press March 14, 1989 .
- Radio Talk Show (WBIS - Bristol , CT) May 8, 1990 .
- Article on Chiropractic - Bristol Press, September 19, 1990 .
- Multi-disciplinary Panel on Radio Talk Show (WSNG Torrington ) October 16, 1991.
- Radio Health Talk Show (CNN 910 AM) October 1993
- Lectured on Chiropractic care to various PTO groups in Torrington and Bristol , CT - 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1989.
- Lectured to Sullivan Senior Center , Torrington , CT - 1983, 1984, 1986, 1988.
- Community Stress Lecture - Bristol and Torrington , CT - 1983 through 1989.
- Lectured to Adams House Nursing Facility, Torrington , CT 1985.
- Lectured to Bristol Police Department (all three shifts required to attend this lecture on low back pain) - 1985, 1986.
- Lectured to Bristol Fire Department - 1985, 1986.
- Chiropractic lecture to Dental Society of Litchfield County 1988.
- Chiropractic lecture to Staff Physicians at Charlotte Hungerford Hospital - 1988.
- Lectured to Hope Grange, Torrington , CT - 1988.
- Lectured to St. Matthew's students - January 1990.
- Lectured to St. Matthew's students - April 1990.
- Post-graduate headache symposium - May 5/6, 1990 given by New York Chiropractic College .
- Stress Management Seminar - Bristol Senior Center - June 12, 1990
- Public Chiropractic Lecture - Bristol Senior Center - June 19, 1990 .
- Appointment to the Mayor's Task Force Against Drugs - June, 1990.
- Lecture to Parents without Partners - Bristol , CT - November, 1990
- Safety Lecture to New Britain CL&P Employees, `Low Back Pain and Lifting' - March 22, 1991 .
- Stress Lecture - Natural Food & Nutrition Group - February 10, 1992 .
- Headache Lecture - Bristol Public - March 23, 1992 .
- Stress Management Seminar - St. Joseph School - April 7, 1992 .
- Headache Lecture - Bristol Public - July 13, 1992 .
- Stress Management Seminar - Bristol Public - Radisson Hotel - September 21, 1992 .
- Headache Lecture - CT Mutual Insurance Company - October 21, 1992
- Stress Management Seminar - Bristol Police Department - November 9, 1992 .
- Stress Management Seminar - Gloria Dei Church - February 7, 1993 .
- Chiropractic Health Workshop - Bristol Senior Center - February 10, 1993 .
- Stress Management Seminar - Bristol Public - Radisson Hotel - September 21, 1993 .
- Natural Ways to Reduce Stress' - members of New England Health & Racquet, Bristol - February 23, 1994.
- A Managerial Approach to Stress Reduction' - Bristol Chamber of Commerce (luncheon group) - April 13, 1994.
- Stress Workshop, Bristol Teachers, Bingham School , April 26, 1994 .
- Back Injury Prevention Workshop: `In-service' to Ingraham Manor Geriatric Care Center , April 27, 1994 .
- Techniques to Reduce Stress', In-service to Sheriden Woods Geriatric Care, May 18,1994 .
- Teen Stress Reduction Class - Memorial Boulevard School , May 25, 1994
- Back Injury Prevention In-service to Bristol Visiting Nurses Association, June 15, 1994 .
- Reviewed Examination X-rays for the State Department of Health, June 1996
- Stress Workshop, Sheriden Woods Nursing Home, Bristol , CT , November 19, 1996
- Headache Workshop, the Body Shoppe, Bristol , CT , January, 1999
- Stress Workshop, Beekley Corp., Bristol , CT , March, 2000
- CT Special Olympics, New Haven CT , June 10-11, 2000 EMT Volunteer
- Stress Management Workshop, Wild Oats Market, September 19, 2000
- Stress Management Workshop, Bristol Public- Tiffany Room , Bristol , CT October 22, 2002
- Black Belt - Kyokushin Karate December 21, 2013
DANIEL S. HERSH, D.C.
Specializes in Non-Surgical Scoliosis Correction
Education - Experience:
- B.A. Cum Laude Queen’s College of the City University of New York – 6/71
- Temple University School of Dental Medicine - 9/74-1/75
- D.C., Doctor of Chiropractic; New York Chiropractic College – 12/78
- Chiropractic Health Center of Torrington, P.C. - 9/79 - 1/97
- ChiroCare Accident & Injury Center, L.L.C. – 9/96 - present
- Chiropractic Health & Wellness Center of Bristol - 2/97-present
- Diplomat: American Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- Harvard Medical School: Continuing Education Department:
- Completed course, Neurology for Non-Neurologist - 9/90
- Chairman: Continuing Education Department, Connecticut Chiropractic Association - 1991-92
- Neurology Diplomat Board Certification Postgraduate Program: New York Chiropractic College: State University of New York - 9/92-3/98
- Neurology: Postgraduate Education: New York Chiropractic College;State University of New York – 9/92-3/98
- Columbia Institute of Chiropractic - Outpatient Clinic - 1974-75
- New York Chiropractic College of the State University of New York –Greenvale Clinic – Outpatient facility - 1974-75
- Thompson Terminal Point Procedure: Dr. Clay Thompson, D.C.
- Sacro Occipital Techniques
- Drop pelvic, cervical procedures
- Logan Basic, Non-Force Procedure
- Nimmo/Trigger Point Therapy
- Flexion Distraction Technique: Dr. James Cox, D.C.
- Activator Technique: Dr. Alan Fuhr, D.C.
- SOT Technique: Dr. B. DeJarnette, D.C.
- Clear Scoliosis Method: Dr. Dennis Woggon D.C.
- Diplomat of National Board of Chiropractic Examiners #9528
- Board Eligible Chiropractic Neurology Postgraduate Program
- Licensed to practice Chiropractic in:
- Connecticut #243
- New York #X2067
- California #12189
- International Chiropractic Association
- Connecticut Chiropractic Council
- Medical Consultation Services of Connecticut
- Statewide Chiropractic Review
Organized And Appeared Weekly On:
- Cable Network 5 with “Natural Health Hotline” - 1984-85
- Health Beat - WSNG, 1990-91: Weekly talk show of related health topics of interest
- Radio Talk Show - WSNG, Torrington, CT - 1981-82 and 1986-87
- Radio Talk Show - WBIS, Bristol, CT - 1984
Articles Of Chiropractic Written For:
- Waterbury Republican - 1988
- Register Citizen - 1986
- Chiropractic Lecture to the:
- Residents & Interns at Roosevelt Medical Center, New York, NY - 11/78
- Several local P.T.O.’s - 1983-89
- Sullivan Senior Center - 1983, 1984, 1986, 1988
- Hope Grange - 1983, 1988
- Adams House Nursing Facility - 1985
- Bristol Police Department - 1985, 1986
- Torrington Fire Department - 1985
- Litchfield County Dental Society - 1988
- Chiropractic’s role in hospitals - lecture to staff, physicians at Charlotte Hungerford Hospital, Torrington, CT - 12/88
- Member of Torrington’s Drug Task Force Council - appointed by the Mayor
- Board of Directors: Northwest Connecticut A.I.D.S. Project 1991-92
- Board of Directors: Torrington Substance Abuse Task Force 1990-92
- Board of Directors: Beth-El Synagogue, Torrington, CT 1994-97
- Founder & Partner of the ChiroCare Accident & Injury Center of Waterbury, Hartford and Newington
- Independent Consultant for the legal profession 1994 - present
- Official Chiropractic Physician with the Nutmeg Ballet 1996-97
- Management Consultant to: Advanced Medical of New England, P.C.
Toitanisha J. Witherspoon, D.C.
Dr. ToiTanisha J. Witherspoon was born and raised in Phenix City, Alabama. She attended Alabama A & M University where she received a Bachelors degree in zoology with a minor in chemistry. It was at AAMU that Dr. Witherspoon was introduced to chiropractic by a friend who was attending chiropractic school. After completing a year of research on the profession, she decided to pursue a chiropractic career, because she liked the idea of healing the whole body naturally. She attended Life University School of Chiropractic in Marietta, GA, where she was trained in various techniques such as Toggle, Gonstead, Thompson, and Diversified.
Since graduating from Life, Dr. Witherspoon has practiced in several towns in Connecticut including Windsor, Bloomfield, Hartford, and Bristol; in the past she has lectured to patients as well as health care workers about chiropractic and wellness care. She has volunteered her services in assisting school nurses in screening students for scoliosis at several Hartford schools including Weaver High School and Rawson Elementary School. In addition to her lectures and volunteer services, she co-managed the Good Life Wellness Center at The First Cathedral in Bloomfield, CT for over 2 years with a fellow chiropractor. Currently Dr. Witherspoon practices at ChiroCare Accident and Injury Centers in Bristol and Hartford where she specializes in examination and treatment of auto injuries. She also is specializes in scoliosis examinations with the Scoliosis Correction Center in Hartford.
Dr. Witherspoon currently resides in Windsor, CT with her husband Anthony and her son Anthony, Jr.