A great number of Bristol residents as well as those in neighboring Plaineville, Southington, and Burlington have back pain with the majority of them suffering without knowing that chiropractic care is an option. Please read the following information from the Chiropractic Health Center of Bristol to determine if chiropractic is for you.
Important Information About Back Pain
- 1 out of 2 working Americans admits to experiencing symptoms related to back pain each year.
- Experts estimate that as many as 80% of the population will experience a back issue at some time in our lives.
- Back pain is one of the most common reasons for absence at work.
- Americans spend a minimum of $50 billion each year on back pain.
- Back pain is the second most common reason for visits to doctor’s offices, following only upper respiratory infections.
- Back pain is the third most frequent reason for surgical procedures
Causes for Low Back Pain
Various factors may contribute to low back pain. Low back pain may be a symptom of underlying diseases and conditions such as arthritis, blood clots, kidneys stones, and obesity. Although these are common causes of back pain, the most common reason is misalignment of the spine or what chiropractors call a subluxation.
More specifically, a subluxation is the misalignment of one or more bones in the spine, causing pressure to be placed on nerves. Chiropractors undergo years of education and training to identify and remove subluxations. Once the pressure is taken away from the nerve, the spine can function properly.
Each person’s case is different. Sometimes people have instant relief. Others actually experience the pains worsen before it improves. Sadly, there have been cases where patients are told that their condition will not improve. Just as an untreated cavity can spread to other teeth, subluxations that are not treated can cause other misalignments to develop. There are many things you can do to help your back pain without resorting to medication. Read my tips on lifting to prevent back pain by clicking here.
Please feel free to contact our office at the Chiropractic Health Center of Bristol. One of our trained staff members will be happy to assist you with questions you may have. Call Now at 860-583-4346. In most cases we can see you the same day you call.
By David Spitz D.C.