Auto Injuries and Chiropractic Care
Auto injuries are still one of the leading causes of death in individuals in the world today. Many people who are in accidents in Bristol and surrounding areas in Connecticut do not seek help after the accident. If they do visit a doctor, they are usually given pain medication to help with the pain they may be experiencing. There are still others that require surgery for their injuries. Oftentimes, chiropractic care could be the answer to your pain following car accident injuries.
Here are some of the reasons chiropractic care may be the best option for you after your auto accident.
- Injuries May Show Up Later – When you are first involved in an auto accident, your body may be in the early stages of shock. Your body may have undergone whiplash and may start to stiffen days after the accident. Do not wait to seek treatment and always ensure you get proper diagnosis of your injuries.
- Non-Invasive – If you wait too long, permanent damage may result. However, if you go with chiropractic care, it can be a pleasant and non-invasive route to ensure your body is repaired.
- Reduce Inflammation – When you are first examined following an auto accident, x-rays may not show any damage. This is due to the damage being present in the micro-tears in ligaments and muscles that will not show up on an x-ray. Chiropractic care can help to gently realign the spine and allow for the body to release anti-inflammatory substances to help with healing.
- Scar Tissue – When the body is damaged, scar tissue starts to form from the injuries that have occurred. Chiropractors can specifically target the damaged site and break up the scar tissue faster than healing on its own. This helps the injury to heal faster and for the patient to feel better.
- Restores Range of Motion – The inflammation that can occur after a neck or back injury can cause stiffening of the joints. Blood and nutrients will not make it to the damaged areas and inflammation slows down the process of healing. Chiropractic adjustments can help to restore range of motion and help to mobilize the spine. This will allow the body to start the healing process at a much faster rate.
- No Need for Drugs – The pain is often masked by taking prescription medication. Studies show a decreased useage of opioids by using chiropractic care. A chiropractic treatment will actually get to the root of the problem. Prescription medications can be very habit-forming and withdrawal symptoms can be substantial if use stops.
When looking for a chiropractic office, Dr. David M. Spitz is an excellent option in the Bristol area. His practice, Chiropractic Health Center of Bristol, is a natural alternative to the pain medications and surgeries that often do more harm than good. If there is a need for x-rays, CT scans, or an MRI, we will set up a referral for you as part of our total treatment package. He has been in practicing chiropractic since 1982.
To make an appointment, call now at 860-583-4346 or click the Request Appointment link below.