Chiropractic care has many benefits that can improve your health. The practice of chiropractic is drugless and natural, which is an alternative to regular doctor care that comes with prescription drugs that may have more side effects than positive outcomes. The theory is that the body can heal itself if it is conditioned properly. By keeping the spine in proper alignment the nervous system can function at its best. The nervous system ensures that the rest of the body and organs are in working order.
One term used in chiropractic care is called vertebral subluxation, which is when a vertebra is either fixated or slightly “out of place” (ie, less than a dislocation). A vertebral subluxation can cause a mechanical compression and irritation to spinal joints and nerves. The compression of nerves can be the cause of many disorders and conditions that people face. Relieving this pressure can restore normal function in the body and cause a reversal in a condition.
- Sciatica – This is a condition where the sciatic nerve causes pain in the buttock and leg and even a tingling or numbing of the legs and feet. By treating with chiropractic care, there is an ability to relieve the pain associated with sciatica.
- Low Back/Neck Pain – This is the common reason people will visit the chiropractor. Having lower back pain and neck pain can be treated and improved with spinal adjustment.
- Headaches – Many people that experience headaches are experiencing pain associated with tension. This tension can be relieved with chiropractic adjustments. The severity and prevalence of headaches decrease with chiropractic care. Dr Spitz specializes in headache treatment for migraines and/or tension headaches.
- Rib Pain – One of the conditions that Dr Spitz sees fairly often occurs when a rib becomes subluxated (fixated or slipped out of place) in either the front of the chest or where it attaches to the spine in the back. This is commonly termed a “rib head” out of place. The relief is very dramatic when the rib is put back into place.
- Scoliosis – This condition, also known as a curvature of the spine, can be corrected with chiropractic care and muscle rehabilitation. This treatment can occur without the need for corrective braces and painful surgeries.
Now that you have been shown a handful of conditions that can be treated by chiropractic care, it may be time to consider contacting the Chiropractic Health Center of Bristol. Our office staff can sit down with you and discuss the symptoms you are experiencing and develop a course of action to treat your condition. Dr. Spitz would love to see you and design a customized treatment plan for you.
To make an appointment, call his office at 860-583-4346 or click Request Appointment button below.
Chiropractic treatment can heal more than just a sore back. The nerves that may be compressed in your spinal region can be the cause of many disorders that chiropractic care can help with. The system is all-natural and is often combined with supplements like Relax Already. This product contains lemon balm, cramp bark, chamomile flower, valerian root, and passionflower. This product is known as a natural muscle relaxant that provides relief from insomnia as well. It can also help with stress and anxiety. So, contact our office and get started on a natural journey to a better healthier you.