Have you experienced an auto injury in or near Bristol, CT? Dr David M. Spitz, of Chiropractic Health Center in Bristol Connecticut, has been specializing in the successful treatment of injuries caused by auto accidents for over 36 years. If you have an auto injury, please read this and then call to schedule an appointment. Because of our experience treating thousands of auto injury patients, we feel we are the ‘auto injury specialist’.
Symptoms of Auto Accident
The symptoms of headaches, neck pain, back pain, dizziness and blurring of vision are all too common occurrences as result of an accident and injury from an auto accident. The goal of our doctors is to help you gain control of your life thought better care and management of your condition. At the Chiropractic Center of Bristol, we believe in using the latest and most appropriate natural and physical approaches in alleviating headaches and pain from your injuries.
Auto Injuries Can Lead to Major Problems
These auto injuries, if not corrected, can often lead to major problems including; arthritis, joint pain, chronic headaches, neck pain, arm pain, back pain, leg pain, stiffness, numbness and chronic aches and pains. If you’ve suffered from a whiplash injury or other auto injury or auto injuries, read on.
How does that happen? The usual sequence of events in a low impact automobile accident resulting in soft tissue damage is the following:
- You get rear ended; you experience stiffness, soreness, sharp or dull pain, possibly headaches and spasms of the neck and back.
- You may or may not visit a medical doctor or the hospital ER. Because there is no visible signs of fractures, blood loss or other obvious injuries, you are superficially evaluated, given pain medication and told you have a ‘muscle strain’ and will be fine!
- Now it’s a few days to a few weeks later and you begin to notice increased pain in various parts of your body such as neck, shoulders, and arms, upper or lower back and legs. Perhaps you are now experiencing frequent headaches in the front or back of your head.
- Perhaps now you go to your medical doctor and he prescribes some more medication or physical therapy.
- In some cases, the pain goes away for ‘years’ and then returns and the knowledge that it began when you were rear ended years before goes unnoticed. In other cases the pain doesn’t go away, but gets worse.
What has actually occurred is quite serious and requires specific care, chiropractic care. When you are rear ended, the spine and its vertebral segments and associated sets of ligaments, tendons and muscles are damaged, overstretched and go into spasm. In addition, nerve roots that can affect all parts of the body can be damaged. However, once again, there are no broken bones or visible signs of damage so the standard medical treatment is as mentioned above: to prescribe pain medication which can simply mask the underlying problem.
Much trauma occurs to the neck during whiplash.
Why We Are The Accident Specialists?
At the Chiropractic Health Center of Bristol, we are specifically trained to treat these auto injuries or work injuries and correct the actual cause of the problem so that it does not cause future problems.
Our expertise guides us to do a comprehensive examination. X-rays may be required and used, not just to exclude fractures or other pathology, but specifically to determine a loss of structural integrity: we thoroughly check your spine and injured joints for subluxations which are misalignments and or fixations which may damage spinal and extremity joints thereby causing what is called ‘de-afferentation’ to the spine and nervous system, causing many present and future problems.
We then will treat and correct the specific subluxation(s) which are the cause of the existing pain and without correction can cause arthritis or chronic pain.
We also work with many attorneys that specialize in auto injuries and in the event of a lawsuit, if you do not have insurance, we will be happy to wait for reimbursement until the case settles.
In short, visiting the Chiropractic Health Center of Bristol following an automobile accident will ascertain proper treatment and correction in the event of a soft tissue trauma. If needed, we will refer you for an MRI or other specialist.
Check out my article on the True Cost of An Auto Accident