How to Help Chronic Back Pain
Back pain affects millions of people on a daily basis. The back has the chore of supporting the weight of the body and if it is not treated properly, it can become damaged and sore. Many solutions to back pain are medicinal in nature and can become habit-forming. Pain medications and muscle relaxers may work for a while, but they are temporary solutions to a permanent problem.
There are alternatives to the back pain you are feeling.
Here are some tips for alleviating back pain.
- Get some sleep – This may sound simple, but insomnia can be a trigger for back pain. Your body needs to truly rest and relax to release the muscles that are supporting your back and that are usually the cause of your back pain. Learn some meditative techniques to relax and put yourself to sleep. If you can’t sleep, try Sleep Already. Also, read our article about the best ways to sleep to prevent back pain.
- Release endorphins – Exercise, massage, deep breathing, and meditation are great ways to get the natural, happy hormones in our body to come out and block the pain signals in our body. These endorphins are also great for alleviating stress, anxiety, and depression which can accompany back pain.
- See a chiropractor – Sometimes our body gets out of whack. A chiropractor can help to get things back in order. At our office, we can provide joint manipulation and spinal alignment techniques that will ease some of the pressure on your joints and relax some of the muscles that are working overtime.
- Acupuncture – This is a tried and true method for relieving the strain and pressure on your back. This technique can help redirect the pain sensors and reset your nervous system pathways. This ancient technique has worked for centuries to heal what ails you.
- Supplements – Dee Cee Labs created an all-natural product called Formula 303. It is made from valerian root, magnesium carbonate, and passionflower. It works on anxiety and stress relief. It also keeps muscles from cramping and having spasms. This supplement can be combined with a topical analgesic for maximum relief.
- Topical analgesics – There are also topical products that can help with sore muscles. One of these products is called CryoDerm, which is an all-natural product made from boswella, peppermint oil, ilex, menthol, eucalyptus, and other ingredients. It is an amazing pain-relief product that does not have a greasy feel. It also has properties that last for hours and it does not cause staining on clothing. It can also be used to help control headache pain as well.
As mentioned above, there are several options to help alleviate some of the back pain you may be experiencing. It is important that you try to find the options that work best for your type of pain. A chiropractor may be able to take some X-rays and/or scans that will show the main reasoning behind your pain. They can then work with you on some of the natural ways to lessen the severity of the discomfort you are feeling in your back area. All-natural remedies can be the answer to all of your back needs.