Back Pain Treatment Options
Back pain is something experienced by millions of people in the world. The causes of back pain can be many and the processes to treat this pain can also fall into a range of choices. Depending on your choice, the pain you are experiencing may be lessened and become more tolerable. Other options of treatment can mask the symptoms by dulling pain receptors, but the pain will always resurface.
Below are some options that can truly make in a difference in your back pain.
- Acupuncture – This natural treatment created by the Ancient Chinese culture is a way of re-routing the pain and nerve receptors. It rebalances the body and allows it to distribute pain in the body and lessen it in the area in which you are suffering. Hitting pressure points is an amazing way to release pain and balance the chi (energy) in the body.
- Chiropractic Care – Using another means of care for the body that doesn’t require medication is chiropractic care. Simply put, the science and art of chiropractic uses the practice of spinal manipulation to align the spine and relieve tension and pressure that has built up in the back. This process can be performed at the Chiropractic Health Center of Bristol. Dr. David Spitz is a chiropractor with over 35 years of experience of healing your back ailments. He will create a customized plan that treats the entire body and provides relief naturally.
- Trigger Point Therapy – Many chiropractors will also perform a natural trigger point therapy that can help in back pain relief. They will combine spinal manipulation with deep pressure in the affected muscle to release tension in the muscles. These processes work well together and provide a combination approach that truly works. In my office, we usually apply a doctors strength topical analgesic, to help relieve the pain.
- Exercise – There are many exercises that can truly strengthen the back and provide support so muscles are not tense and overextended. Stretching is the key to keeping muscles limber and in shape. At the appropriate time, Dr Spitz will teach you back strengthening exercises that can be done enhance core muscles that in turn support the back. Building of the core is the key to a healthy back.
- Hot and Cold Therapy – There are many systems that utilize interchanging of hot and cold temperatures. The simplest way to achieve this at home is by using a cold bag of peas, and alternating it with a moist heating pad. Be very careful not to fall asleep while using a heating pad. I also recommend NOT using a heating pad the first week following the onset of the back pain or if your pain level is getting worse. This altering in temperature helps to ease muscle tension and inflammation and provide relaxation of muscles.
All of the methods listed above are natural ways of relieving back pain. These methods can achieve relief that is not based on prescription medication that will only mask the problem you are suffering from. They will also not interact with other prescription medications that can cause cross reactions and side effects. These types of therapies are extremely effective and will not cause any harm to any of your systems.
To make an appointment, please call his office at 860-583-4346 or click make an appointment below.