An owner of a natural beauty line once said, ‘You should never put anything on your body that you wouldn’t put in your mouth.’ With that said, the long list of ingredients on personal care products can be confusing. If you have a question about a particular one, try consulting “The Consumer’s Dictionary of Cosmetic Ingredients” by Ruth Winter, MS.
What you can do:
- Take an inventory of all the personal care products in your home, including toothpaste, chemical free shampoo, natural face wash , soaps, moisturizer, deodorant, etc. Be on the lookout for products with artificial preservatives or chemicals.
- Buy all natural products without artificial preservatives or chemicals. For example, choose a deodorant that doesn’t contain aluminum chlorohydrate.
- Switch your toothpaste to one that doesn’t contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), a detergent that can also be a skin and mouth irritant.
- Wash your body with a chemical free body wash
- Go to Natural Remedies and Treatments for the latest home remedies for a variety of ailments. Badger also makes many natural remedies.
- Remember, using an SLS Free Shampoo is safe for your family and the environment.
By using chemical free products, you can help assure that your family is safe from toxic chemicals.
By David M. Spitz DC