Stress is a necessity in life if you are to combat attacks on the body. It is what helps you with the fight or flight response. However, the prolonged effects of stress can cause chronic problems if not treated. Finding the ways to decrease this stress in your body can be the key to your happiness.
How Stress Damages the Body
The damage stress causes to the body can affect many of the body’s systems. The stress can leach over into all of the processes in the body and cause harm to every system.
- Heart – The heart can undergo stress and become weakened. The lifestyle of stress can cause damage to the heart through eating unhealthy foods when on the run.
- Immune System – Stress can cause a decrease in the effectiveness of the immune system. Activation of allergies and autoimmune diseases can occur due to stress. Viruses are much more effective in their attack when the immune system is weak and open to attack.
- Skin – When stress occurs it can affect the skin by causing irritating skin rashes and acne. These rashes can create entrances into the body by foreign invaders to our skin. Since our skin is our largest organ, it is necessary to keep it healthy to function as our barrier from the world.
Stress can take a back seat if you are interested in finding ways to minimize its impact in your life.
- Chiropractic Care – This type of natural healing can cause the body to de-stress by releasing tension in muscles. It can also relieve pain and discomfort by realigning the musculoskeletal system. The Chiropractic Health Center of Bristol can develop a customized plan that fits your chiropractic needs. Dr. David M. Spitz can work with you to determine the best way to get you feeling pain-free and stress-free.
- Massage – Along with realigning of the spine, massage is a complementary approach. By releasing stress and tension in the muscles the body can de-stress. By adding aromatherapy, the body can truly feel relaxed and calm during the massage process.
- Sleep – Taking a time out and letting the body recharge is extremely important in keeping it running in tip top shape. The body requires adequate sleep to maintain function. Too little or even too much sleep can cause the body to be stressed and not function properly. In our office we recommend Sleep Already, a natural sleep aid.
- Spirituality – By practicing daily gratitude and by reaching out to a higher power for comfort and guidance, your stress can be naturally lowered. Remember, to change those things you do that cause inherent stress and stop worrying about the things you have no control over.
- Eat Healthy – What you feed your body is something that can determine how well it runs. Eating healthy foods that provide energy and nutrition are key to a stress-free life. By eating poorly, the body may have stressors added by creating heart disease.
Stress can take a toll on your life. By practicing de-stressing techniques, the body can reset and allow for healing and recuperation. Altering the way you eat and sleep can make a lifelong difference in your stress levels. By receiving massages and chiropractic care, you can give your body the peace and relaxation it needs to remove the stressors and irritants that may creep into your body.