David M. Spitz, DC – Chiropractic Physician
Specializes in Headaches, Chronic Neck Pain, Auto Injuries
Dr David M. Spitz is the founder of the Chiropractic Health Center of Bristol, located in Bristol, CT. Since 1982, he has treated thousands of patients for various conditions ranging from neck and back pain, to migraine headaches. He specializes in treating patients who have suffered whiplash injuries and/or back injuries in a motor vehicle accident.
Dr Spitz did his undergraduate work at Hunter College in NYC and received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree at Cleveland Chiropractic School in Kansas City, MO. He continued his education by taking a 3 year post-graduate course in neurology, and by taking various courses on improving patient health with lifestyle changes, treating patients with headaches, and much more.
He is currently an expert on chiropractic for Quora, and has been an expert witness for numerous court cases involving injuries due to an auto accident. In addition to seeing his regular patients, Dr Spitz has been a consultant for several companies where they require a second opinion for one of their patients.
Dr Spitz was an EMT-I and a lieutenant of the Burlington Volunteer Fire Department. He has lectured throughout CT on various topics including, chiropractic, stress management, headaches and preventing back injury in the workplace.
In 1998 Dr. Spitz became a pilot, and in 1999, an instrument rated pilot. His love of flying has encouraged him to fly from Washington State to Connecticut, and throughout all of New England.
Since 2009, Dr Spitz has practiced Kyokushin Karate and received his black belt in 2013. Dr Spitz, is dedicated to helping his patients achieve health through lifestyle change and stress reduction.
- Hunter College , City of New York 1975-1978
- D.C. Degree, Cleveland Chiropractic College , Kansas City, MO August, 1981
- Post-graduate Course Headache, Evaluation & Treatment, New York Chiropractic College May 1990
- Post-graduate Diplomat Course in Neurology (Sensory System) September, 1990
- Harvard Medical School : Continuing Education Department: Neurology for the Non-Neurologist – October, 1990
- Post-graduate Diplomat Course in Neurology (Neurological Controls) November, 1990
- Post-graduate Diplomat Course in Neurology (Cerebral and Cerebellar Cortices and Nuclei) – November, 1990
- Post-graduate Diplomat Course in Neurology (Neurological Diagnosis) December, 1990
- Post-graduate Diplomat Course in Neurology (Neuromuscular Applications) – January, 1991
- Post-graduate Diplomat Course in Neurology (Pain) – February, 1991
- Post-graduate Diplomat Course in Neurology (EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies) – March, 1991
- Manipulation under Anesthesia Seminar – July, 1991
- Post-graduate Diplomat Course in Neurology (Receptors) October, 1991
- Post-graduate Diplomat Course in Neurology (Autonomic Nervous System) – December, 1991
- Post-graduate Diplomat Course in Neurology (The Reflex) February, 1992
- Post-graduate Diplomat Course in Neurology (The Brain and Its Environment) – March, 1992
- Post-graduate Diplomat Course in Neurology (Cranial Nerves) May, 1992
- Seminar by Jonathan Ballon, M.D. (Neurosurgeon) – “Lumbar Disc: to Operate or Not”- June 30, 1994.
- Completed Comprehensive Chiropractic Managed Care Self-Assessment Program – 1995
- Completed Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation certification course – April 1996
- Post-graduate Diplomat Course in Neurology (Electrodiagnosis 2) November, 1996
- Post Graduate Course in Neurology (Neuropathophysiology Part 1)-December, 1996
- Post Graduate Course in Neurology (Neuropathophysiology part 2)-February, 1997
- Post Graduate Course in Neurology (Neuropathology-Part III; CNS Trauma; Pediatric & Geriatric Neurology; Disorders of Consciousness)-March, 1997
- Post Graduate Course in Neurology (Neuropathology-Part IV; Peripheral Nervous System; Neuromyal Junction; Primary Myopathy)-April, 1997
- Post Graduate Course in Neurology (Chiropractic Subluxation Complex; Articular Neurology)-June, 1997
- Post Graduate Course in Neurology (Chiropractic Diagnosis & Management of Dizziness)-October, 1997
- Post Graduate Course in Neurology (Neuroendocrinology)-November, 1997
- Post Graduate Course in Neurology (Chiropractic Legal Considerations; Expert Testimony; Proper Neurologic Referral & Interprofessional Relationships)-December, 1997
- Post Graduate Course in Neurology (Ortho. Considerations for the Neurologist)- February 1998
- Post Graduate Course in Neurology (Course Review, Final Examination)- March, 1998
- Private Pilot Training March 1998 – August 1998
- Private Pilot License September 1998
- Instrument Pilot Training October 1998 – February 2000
- Instrument Rating February 2000
- Volunteer EMT on Burlington , CT Ambulance December 1999-2002
- EMT-B course September 1999-December 1999
- EMT-I course February 2000-April 2000
- Post Graduate Course in Neurology (Cranial Nerves)-December 2000
- AMA 5 th Edition Guides to Impairment-Certification-Part 1-September 2001
- AMA 5 th Edition Guides to Impairment-Certification-Part 2-October 2001
- AMA 5 th Edition Guides to Impairment-Certification-Part 3-November 2001
- Commercial Pilot Course, November 2001
- EMT-I Continuing Ed. January 2002-Bristol Hospital
- “Risk Alert: Wrong Site, Wrong Procedure”- 1 credit July 2004-CMIC (Connecticut Medical Insurance Comp)
- “Unanticipated Outcomes”- October 12, 2004 –1 credit CMIC
- Chiropractic Physical Therapy 101”- 1 credit October 22, 2004- University of Bridgeport
- “Chiropractic Ortho 107”- 1 credit October 22, 2004- University of Bridgeport
- “Eliminating the Chronic Recurring Subluxation through Neuro Emotional Technique”-Parker College Continuing Education Jan. 2005
- “Contact Reflex Analysis and Designed Clinical Nutrition” – Parker College Continuing Education Jan. 2005
- “Communicating Chiropractic with Passion and Certainty” – Parker College Continuing Education Jan. 2005
- “Coding Mastery for 2005: The Art of Coding Correctly” – Parker College Continuing Education Jan. 2005
- “Science Validating our Wellness Philosophy: We’ve Been Right All Along” – Parker College Continuing Education Jan. 2005
- “Chiropractic and Sports” – Parker College Continuing Education Jan. 2005
- “Neurology for the Practicing Chiropractor” – Parker College Continuing Education Jan. 2005
- Wellness Certification Program: Modules, 1, 2, 3- 2006-2007
- Chiropractic Health Center of Torrington , PC – February 1982-January 1995
- Chiropractic Health Center of Bristol – August 1983-Present
- ChiroCare Accident & Injury Center , LLC – September 1996-2014
- Co-chairman continuing education, Connecticut Chiropractic Association – 1991-92
- Rescue & Ambulance: EMT-I Burlington Volunteer Fire Department, December 1999-October 2002
- Ambulance Lieutenant: Burlington Volunteer Fire Department, October 2001-October 2002
Cleveland Chiropractic College , Kansas City, MO
- Chiropractic Physician, Clinic Director- Chiropractic Center of Bristol
- Claims Review & IME’s: Concentra
- Volunteer Pilot: AirLifeLine
- Expert for Quora.com
- Black Belt – Kyokushin Karate
- Diplomat National Board of Examiners
- Connecticut Chiropractic License: #348
- Board Eligible Chiropractic Neurology
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Member of National Headache Foundation.
- Fellow of the International Academy of Clinical Acupuncture.
BC/BS, Century 2000, Connecticare, HealthChoice, Aetna Healthplan, American Health Plan, Medspan, MetLife, Comprehensive Rehabilitation Associates (CRA) PPO, HMC PPO, Preferred Medical Choice (PMC), MedView, AIIA/Comp Compare, Medco Value Plus PPO, Oxford Health Plan, CT Health Plan, Kemper, Preferred PPO, Fortis, MetraHealth, Focus Healthcare, HealthRight, PHS, CorCare, Alternative Health Care Solutions, The Managed Care Alliance (TMCA), Yale Preferred Health, PlanPlus, CIGNA Health Plan
TELEVISION, RADIO AND NEWSPAPER
- Radio Talk Show (WSNG – Torrington , CT ) 1981-1982, 1986-1987.
- Co-hosted Natural Health Hot Line (Cable 5 – Torrington , CT ) 1983-1984.
- Radio Talk Show (WBIS – Bristol , CT ) 1984
- Bristol Press September 19, 1985 .
- Medical Economics August, 1986
- Article on Chiropractic ( Hartford Courant) March 1987.
- Northeast Magazine July 26, 1987 .
- Quoted in Bristol Press December 28, 1987 .
- Article on health risk of Coca-Cola, Bristol Press March 14, 1989 .
- Radio Talk Show (WBIS – Bristol , CT) May 8, 1990 .
- Article on Chiropractic – Bristol Press, September 19, 1990 .
- Multi-disciplinary Panel on Radio Talk Show (WSNG Torrington ) October 16, 1991.
- Radio Health Talk Show (CNN 910 AM) October 1993
- Lectured on Chiropractic care to various PTO groups in Torrington and Bristol , CT – 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1989.
- Lectured to Sullivan Senior Center , Torrington , CT – 1983, 1984, 1986, 1988.
- Community Stress Lecture – Bristol, CT – 1983-2010
- Lectured to Adams House Nursing Facility, Torrington , CT 1985.
- Lectured to Bristol Police Department (all three shifts required to attend this lecture on low back pain) – 1985, 1986.
- Lectured to Bristol Fire Department – 1985, 1986.
- Chiropractic lecture to Dental Society of Litchfield County 1988.
- Chiropractic lecture to Staff Physicians at Charlotte Hungerford Hospital – 1988.
- Lectured to Hope Grange, Torrington , CT – 1988.
- Lectured to St. Matthew’s students – January 1990.
- Lectured to St. Matthew’s students – April 1990.
- Post-graduate headache symposium – May 5/6, 1990 given by New York Chiropractic College .
- Stress Management Seminar – Bristol Senior Center – June 12, 1990
- Public Chiropractic Lecture – Bristol Senior Center – June 19, 1990 .
- Appointment to the Mayor’s Task Force Against Drugs – June, 1990.
- Lecture to Parents without Partners – Bristol , CT – November, 1990
- Safety Lecture to New Britain CL&P Employees, `Low Back Pain and Lifting’ – March 22, 1991 .
- Stress Lecture – Natural Food & Nutrition Group – February 10, 1992 .
- Headache Lecture – Bristol Public – March 23, 1992 .
- Stress Management Seminar – St. Joseph School – April 7, 1992 .
- Headache Lecture – Bristol Public – July 13, 1992 .
- Stress Management Seminar – Bristol Public – Radisson Hotel – September 21, 1992 .
- Headache Lecture – CT Mutual Insurance Company – October 21, 1992
- Stress Management Seminar – Bristol Police Department – November 9, 1992 .
- Stress Management Seminar – Gloria Dei Church – February 7, 1993 .
- Chiropractic Health Workshop – Bristol Senior Center – February 10, 1993 .
- Stress Management Seminar – Bristol Public – Radisson Hotel – September 21, 1993 .
- Natural Ways to Reduce Stress’ – members of New England Health & Racquet, Bristol – February 23, 1994.
- A Managerial Approach to Stress Reduction’ – Bristol Chamber of Commerce (luncheon group) – April 13, 1994.
- Stress Workshop, Bristol Teachers, Bingham School , April 26, 1994 .
- Back Injury Prevention Workshop: `In-service’ to Ingraham Manor Geriatric Care Center , April 27, 1994 .
- Techniques to Reduce Stress’, In-service to Sheriden Woods Geriatric Care, May 18,1994 .
- Teen Stress Reduction Class – Memorial Boulevard School , May 25, 1994
- Back Injury Prevention In-service to Bristol Visiting Nurses Association, June 15, 1994 .
- Reviewed Examination X-rays for the State Department of Health, June 1996
- Stress Workshop, Sheriden Woods Nursing Home, Bristol , CT , November 19, 1996
- Headache Workshop, the Body Shoppe, Bristol , CT , January, 1999
- Stress Workshop, Beekley Corp., Bristol , CT , March, 2000
- CT Special Olympics, New Haven CT , June 10-11, 2000 EMT Volunteer
- Stress Management Workshop, Wild Oats Market, September 19, 2000
- Stress Management Workshop, Bristol Public- Tiffany Room , Bristol , CT October 22, 2002
- Black Belt – Kyokushin Karate – December 21, 2013
- 2nd Degree Black Belt – Kyokushin Karate – December 14, 2019